Monday, October 11, 2010

Arrow Love

As I've posted previously, I'm constantly going to the Raleigh Flea Market to look for special items.  I love mixing ethnic, natural pieces with my edgy, harder style.  My recent obsession has been arrowheads.  One of my favorite jewelry designers is Pamela Love.  She has great pieces that are dark and edgy, but many are objects in nature.  For example, she does the crow's head skull and talon pieces that are EVERYWHERE! I also really love the Spring 2010 Arrowhead pieces.

 

 
On my most recent trip to the flea market, I found a man that has at least seven cases of arrowheads.  Some were sharp, some were decrepid, some were crystal, and some were rough rock.  I fell in love with about five of them, but I purchased two that were 9,500 years old!!  He cut me an awesome deal on them too! I decided to make them into necklaces.  I'd love to make them into a great ring, but that would mean I'd need metal working tools.  This is what I've done so far! I hope you enjoy.


<3 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment