Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gallagher or Bust



One of my favorite designers is Katie Gallagher.  She does incredible pieces that can be worn in multiple ways.  Her Look Book is so inspirational, and saved on my favorites tab!  The leggings and coats are hands-down my favorite.  All of the colors are neutrals and metallics, but what really makes them special is the way she panels pieces together.  Her pieces are so aspirational and beautiful, but have an obvious edge to them.  The last look is one of my favorite outerwear looks that I've seen for A/W 2010.  The color is great along with the asymmetrical hem line, oversized hood, and sleeve details.  The silhouette of outwear is so important, and this coat has the tie to cinch the waist and accentuate the full skirt.   The details in the leggings are so special.  I haven't seen this kind of paneling in legwear other than from Gallagher.  Her use of materials with different textures and opacity creates interesting and special looks.  The great thing is that each piece can be mixed and paired together to make an incredible wardrobe.

                                











<3. C.


No comments:

Post a Comment