Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Style Monster

I feel that an introduction is in order.  Clearly, if you are visiting my blog, you have an interest in style. I feel that there is a distinct difference in fashion and style.  Fashion encompasses the designers and product that is out in the world, from the fabulous to the ghastly.  Style, is how one chooses to interpret these garments into their own lifestyle.  Style is something that can't be taught or acquired from books or blogs, but inspiration can be funneled from them.  I read multiple blogs, hunting for inspiration and new knowledge, new favorites.  Over the years I have been refining my taste and style, to truly portray who I am.  The style that I have developed into may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it gives me a sense of pride and extreme pleasure.  It has been described as "Fashion Goth" or "Glamour Goth" but to me, it is dark, textured, accessorized, and fabulous. 

Allow me to attempt describing my aesthetic..I stick to neutrals--black, grey, white, cream or nudes.  I do splash some yellow and olive in the mix as well.  I typically stick to solids to create a nice backdrop to my other love--jewelry.  I think an outfit can be great, but to be truly fabulous, the right accessories are essential.  Currently, I'm into wearing way too much jewelry.  Just like I love layering clothes, I love layering necklaces and rings.  I'm also into androgynous looks met with feminine touches of drape and flowy pieces paired with combat boots, and leather, well faux leather.

Here are is a spread from Zink Magazine that I fell in love with.  It is a little old, but still amazing! This may give a little perspective of my aesthetic...


I love the chain, the nails, makeup, sequins, and overall concept of the shoot.  Zink has been one of my favorite inspirational magazines for a while now.  I hope you all enjoy, and that you get hooked.

<3 Coveted






No comments:

Post a Comment